Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Mary is our mother in heaven, so it's only right to celebrate her birthday. I'm trying to celebrate more feast days in our everyday lives using Catherine and Peter Fournier's series of books about the domestic church.

I'd intended to make an angel food cake since I had two cartons of eggs in the fridge. I opened them up and found only eight eggs. Hmmm... I then made a silver white cake with white mountain icing (thanks, old school Betty Crocker cookbook!) instead to keep with the white theme for Marian feasts.

Pete always enjoys helping me bake.


A few candles were artfully placed by the boys.


Singing is praying twice!



I am hoping by getting their attention with cake on a weekday that I show them how important to our lives these feasts of our faith truly are. Happy birthday, Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment