Sunday, September 26, 2010

CCE, Week 3

CCE is not for sissies.

My kids range from refusing to talk (two of the girls) to refusing to be quiet (two of the boys). Almost all of my kids are going to be doing first reconciliation and first communion this year. Given their confusion with our lessons (and these kids have all been in CCE before), I'm not sure how on earth they're going to pass their first communion interviews. One kid gives joke answers to every single question. I think he's afraid of being wrong. I don't feel like there's any way I can do enough in an hour a week to teach them the basics of the faith. When we're only focusing on these fill in the blank answers while I'm trying to maintain order, I have even less of an idea how I'm supposed to teach them about the joy of receiving the Eucharist.

No comments:

Post a Comment